Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Yum

I made it a goal this year to try new recipes and so far the apricot glazed chicken and tortellini soup are my favorites! Here are the recipes, and thank you Tiffany for the tortellini soup! Oh, we got a slow cooker for Christmas, hence the style of cooking!

Apricot Glazed Chicken
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1/3 cup bottled Russian dressing
1/2 envelope onion soup mix
6 frozen chicken breasts (not thawed)
PREPARATION:
Mix the first 3 ingredients together. Place chicken in Crock Pot and cover with apricot mixture. Cook on low 5 to 6 hours.


Tortellini Soup
1 Lg can Tomato soup
2c. half and half
1 can chicken broth
1 can diced tomato (basil&garlic)
3 Tbsp. Ms. Dash *(tomato, basil, and garllic)
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. real bacon bits
Cook in slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours (this is how I did it, it was recommended to cook on stove for 1 hour, add tortellini and cook another 15-20 minutes)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Oh la la! I can't wait to try these!