Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Saturday, February 23, 2008

This is our new door knob on the front door. The one before was a bright gold. We are slowly making improvements to the house, though it feels like we make small disasters along the way too.

While at the grocery store today I had something happen that has happened a few times since my return to Logan. I smile at someone and they say, "You look familiar." The woman today is someone I've seen around town and I actually thought she might be somebody I went to high school with in Pennsylvania, she has a "Unionville" look. I actually spotted her in the store before she saw me and made the connection, she was a waitress at The White Owl, the bar I went to (we won't say frequented) when I lived here before. We chatted about our daughters, both 8, and how she is an aide at her daughter's elementary school...sounds familiar.

My life here before and my life here now are about 180 degrees different, thank god. I really don't spend time with anyone from my past, though there are a couple I will see and chat with. I don't think it has much to do with them, it's me. Even though I'm back in Logan and pass old haunts everyday, I don't want to become that person I was before, well, except for the good stuff.

No comments: