Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Brag Time


If you hate it when people brag about their loved ones, then leave this blog right now!


Today Steve's students were in the local newspaper, front page, for their work at the university. They discovered 2 new bacteria types and they are only in high school! I love the quote from one of the students about working at the university, "You meet smart, intelligent people and hopefully you get that smart." That is why I walked around Harvard when we visited my sister in Boston...trying to soak up some of those smart molecules floating around.
I also attended Soph's SEP conference today and ok, I'll just say it, she's a genius. The best part was, Soph's friend was waiting for us so he could come over and play, so while Soph's teacher is gushing over her, Soph has this expression of, "Can we just hurry this thing up so I can get to the important stuff...like playing!"
It amazes me that Sophie is my child, because I love being praised, the more the better and the more public the better yet (hence the blog)! Sophie has actually told me not to praise her when she does well and withholds positive information because I get a little too excited. She'll preface good news with, "Please don't say 'good job' or get all excited, but..."
The photo is of Steve and Soph on their search for mychorrizal fungi, a phrase Soph could say when she was 2. I wasn't sure if I should be proud or a little scared.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Of course you should be totally proud of Sophie's greatness! She is wonderful, and it would be terrible if you weren't bragging! :) Also, it is always okay to brag about husbands. Always. Especially when they are in the paper for the second time in like 3 weeks! Congrats, Steve!