Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sophie the Theologian


When Sophie is not running, or perhaps she philosophizes (real word?) while running, she is pondering the great religious conundrums.

This is the conversation that took place in our car yesterday:

Sophie: Mom, ever since I was 3 I've wanted to be Jewish.

Me: Ok.

Sophie: But I also want to be Christmas people.

Yes, our beliefs may coincide more with that of Judaism than Christianity, but, our greed demands we celebrate all holidays in which gifts are bestowed upon us.

1 comment:

yankeetess said...

Not related to the above post -- just wanted to let you know that I was reading -- had to play catch up today as it had been a while since I checked in!!!! I like the blogging thing -- may have to do it too!!!!!