Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Friday, February 8, 2008

Preparing for V-Day

Here is Sophie's Valentine's Day box for school. She made it all by herself!

Soph's school has a Valentine's Tea, it is a huge tradition, and as PTA Co-President this year, I was able to be a part of the decision to eliminate the "dating etiquette" that usually goes along with the tea. Last year Sophie said she did not want a boy walking her to the event and we were right there with her. I was nervous that this decision would be met with some resistance, but it seems the staff actually applauded when the principal made the announcement. It seems enforcing this behavior at the elementary school level is not the teachers' cup of tea (couldn't resist).

So, Sophie will collect her valentines, eat cookies, drink a pink beverage and walk her own self down to the event.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Dating etiquette?! What?! That would really freak me out, not to mention Bennett! :) Good call on cutting that part out.

Sophie's box really is lovely. Valentine's boxes were my #1 favorite project as a kid!