Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar Eclipse

We are going to head out tonight to check out the lunar eclipse, 8:01 p.m. MST. This is very exciting for us!

When Sophie was 2 years old, we took her to the big telescope at the University of Michigan during an astronomy club gathering and I can still remember her marching right up to it and declaring, "I see Venus!" We haven't been completely consistent in encouraging Sophie's love of space, and maybe she's not even really interested anymore, but fond memories and reading about the lack of science in education nowadays makes me want to see the eclipse tonight, as a family. All I can say is, everyone BETTER have fun!

I've started tossing around the idea again, of getting a children's museum going in Logan. Last year Lisa and I were researching it, but her move took some of the wind out of my sails, oh, and someone else in town told me he was working on bringing one that included an IMAX...way out of my league! With all the rigor of NCLB, it would be nice to have a place where kids could explore, hands-on, the wonders of the world around them. Oh, and a warm place to go during these long winter months!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Can you imagine what a huge hit a children's museum would be here in Logan?! It would be awesome. Go for it, Heather. I will take my kids there weekly. :)

And the eclipse was awesome! I'm sure Sophie loved it.

yankeetess said...

Caleb and Fred like to go to the Museum of Science here in Boston to check out the stars. When Caleb was 4, they got to catch a glimpse of Saturn. Caleb cracked everyone up when he commented, "The one in my book is a lot bigger."