Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Monday, May 3, 2010

Mixed Post

Just like the mixed tapes I'd make as an adolescent, this is going to be a post on a variety of topics - and only one is controversial!

1. Today I'm down 27.5 pounds since January 1st and it makes me think I might reach that goal of losing 30 pounds by my birthday (May 20). If not, that's ok, I feel great and will just be happy to celebrate another birthday.

2. Took my final today for my Special Education class and it was good, not sure of the grade yet. I have been half-hearted in my studies and admit that I am going to use the move to Michigan to delay my goal of becoming a teacher. It was a very strong dream of mine 18 years ago, but now, not so much.

3. Speaking of Michigan - we are still working on house stuff and being generally lazy in getting the house on the market. We have not found a house in Michigan either and need to just get a move on it all!

4. I'm following a running program, am now on week 2 and LOVING it! Lucy goes with me, early in the a.m. and there is nothing like a morning in Logan (ok, now I'll get weepy, 'cause my Logan mornings are limited).

5. Slightly controversial topic: while visiting my sister who was in Salt Lake City for a genealogical conference, she's from Boston, we met a couple from Belgium. I thoroughly enjoyed talking with them and I just had to broach the health care issue. Claude said what I imagine, and hoped, he would: he cannot understand people in the United States not wanting to have universal health care and taking care of one another. I like to talk with people who have firsthand experience with universal coverage and so far, I've heard only positives.

Oh, the boys, Winston and Percy, will be a year old May 11 and they still drive me absolutely bonkers, today was a doozy and I just have tons more patience for people with multiple children, hats off to you!

3 comments:

AtSmith said...

Way to go on the weight loss!!
I promise I'm working on my blog still ... such a task.
Sad to see you guys go .. you're a powerful force for change in Cache Valley!

Carol said...

I've lost 7.5 lbs in 7 weeks so obviously your plan is working better than mine!! But I'm kinda lazy. No running for me. Congrats!

Linda said...

I'm 5 lbs down from January. I know I need to add more exercise. But I figure if I keep loosing 1 lb a month then I'll be 12 lbs down in December! That's the right direction anyway. Congrats to you. I don't know what you looked like before but you look great now!