Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Monday, May 10, 2010

A New Religion

I had to tie in religion somehow, so perhaps I have found a religion that works for me: running.

I started an 8 week program of walking/running intervals and I am now on week 3. Yesterday I had to run for 4 minutes, walk for 3, 4 times and I loved it! I find myself feeling like I can continue running, but I make myself stop, remembering that this is suppose to be a lifestyle change, not a quick fix.

The same goes with the eating. I still sit down at the table at home when I eat and Saturday night that meant sitting there eating a Skor bar, 2 bowls (maybe 3) of Lucky Charms and some Skittles...not the healthiest of late night snacks, but the next morning I was down another 1/2 pound. I suppose a lifestyle change would include not having those foods in the house, but on a positive note at least the candy was the single serving kind, not the big ole bags I use to consume!

Back to running...I just glanced at the remaining weeks' intervals and felt my heart speed up. I cannot imagine running for 9 minutes straight and doing it 3 times, but I hope that when I get to that point, I'll be ready! I love being on the campus of USU early in the morning and having that time as total ME time. If I can just convince Lucy not to chase the ducks that sometimes hang out up there, my new religion would be perfect, but ya know, some people (Lucy) just can't take their religion in moderation!

4 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Isn't it great Heather? I SO didn't start as a runner, but I built up to it and now I LOVE it.

Brooke said...

Yay for you, Heather! I love how excited I am to start running after reading this post. You are my motivational blogger. I'm proud of you, Heather! Way to go!

Jenn Olsen said...

Great post Heather. It is nice to know another woman can consume 2 magically delicious bowls of cereal in one sitting!
Do you have a copy of that running program? I would love to try it.

Unknown said...

Jenn, here is the link: http://running.about.com/od/getstartedwithrunning/ht/getstarted.htm

If you try it, let me know!