Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Monday, May 17, 2010

31.5 by my 37th

My birthday is looming - ok, looming makes it sound scary and I absolutely LOVE my birthday! My birthday is 3 days away, how's that? I sort of set a goal to lose 30 pounds by my 37th birthday (this has been a recurring goal each year) and I did it - as of today I've lost 31.5 pounds!

I kicked up the running, started the 4th week of the 8 week program yesterday, which entails running for 5 minutes, walking for 2, 4 times. I love it! I definitely think the running has increased the rate at which I lost weight - and I still eat what I want, just sittin' down at the table when I eat it.

One of my new favorite snacks is apple slices with Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss - oh my, just typing about it makes me weak in the knees. Mind you, I also get a bit weak when I think of the big ole slice of rocky road pie I had last night, with whipped cream!

My new goal is to run a 5K, hopefully one that raises money and awareness for a great cause. There is a 5K in June for the Pride Center in Salt Lake, but I'm not sure I'll be ready by then. I'm keepin' my eye out though and hope I can run a 5K in Utah before we move.

So here's a toast to being a bit healthier as I prepare to enter my 37th year and to being a lot more mindful. Life is good!

3 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

Hooray!! Happy birthday soon - and congratulations on the weight loss. :)

I want to run a 5K again this summer as well.... that one in Salt Lake seemed really neat. I love supporting a good cause, but that one was too pricey for me. :( We have to be more careful about money since I'm not working.

Unknown said...

I hear you about money, Tannie! Maybe I should create one for our Adams Assistance Fund and the students could run, too!!

You are my inspiration Tannie! When exactly did you start running - again, it seems like you've always been a runner!

Jenn Olsen said...

Heather, I hope you have a great birthday.