Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Me at 37

I love my birthday! I love having a day to be excited about myself - yep, I'm egotistical and most of the time I love myself and sometimes I even like myself! Crazy, but if you don't like or love yourself, well, I see that as a complete disservice to your mother who went to all that trouble to bring you into this world, as mine did 37 years ago today!

I often think that reincarnation makes so much sense, that if you don't get it right this time, then you have to come back - let your punishment serve your crime! I am always worried I'll come back as something other than I am, because even though I am perfectly aware of all of my flaws, I like having those flaws and not other flaws. I like that I was taught to question, to rebel and to be vocal. I also know I should be a better listener, not question every single thing in the whole world and rebelling silently is often more effective than being obvious - but I really love that I have the chance to work on those things!

I like myself. I like myself at 37. I like that I've learned from some mistakes and others I just keep making over and over. I like that there are people I admire and wish I could be more like (including my own child) and that I am realizing not every single person will like me, some accurately think I'm a, um, rhymes with witch, and through my interactions with them, they are right! I like that I have brown eyes and can wiggle my ears and have coarse hair with some strands of gray.

I like that we have a day to celebrate ourselves and to share that celebration with others! So happy birthday to me!

3 comments:

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

You are amazing! I'll say it again.. I'm so glad to know you!
I didn't know it would say I deleted my comment.. I just had a typo... :)
Happy Birthday

Unknown said...

Oh, I thought your deleted comment had a bunch of profanity or something :) You are definitely an ego-booster Linda! Thank you, I thought about this post later and went, man, that was a bit over the top, but life is good...right now! :)