Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 9

Well, I didn't set out to do any intentional acts of kindness, but I racked my brain and I think I came up with one I did anonymously:

I handle the school newsletter every month, people send the items to me and I compile them. I tend to get frustrated when there are typos in people's submissions and will often leave them, then send them back to be edited by the writer. This month I fixed a typo...seems small right, and maybe even my job, but one can get really frustrated with other people's lack of thoroughness. I find myself getting frustrated quite a bit when I do volunteer activities, especially when people point out ways I could have done it better. This frustration seems to defeat the purpose of volunteering, except that I get the task done, it might just be with resentment.

So, a seemingly small good deed, but a deed nonetheless.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I just thought I'd interject here to say that I'm loving your account of daily giving. Thanks!