Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 2

I got today's idea while reading the local paper. One of the elementary schools in the valley (Sophie's school is in Logan City) is holding a food/cash drive for the local food pantry. I remembered I had $5 in my purse, which probably would've been spent on a coffee drink not needed, so I took a little ride out to North Logan and arrived just as school was dismissed. I saw a group of women standing by the front doors, they appeared teacheresque and indeed, upon inquiry, I found out one was a teacher. I quickly explained what the money was for and left...no fanfare, no explanations, just a quick drop.

I love the opportunities to give at Sophie's school, so this was a bit out of my comfort zone...I have no attachments to the school holding the drive. Lesson learned: look beyond my own activities to find opportunities to give!

Another lesson learned: if a child is lying on the sidewalk and you think, "Aha, this is why I'm here...this child is hurt and needs my immediate attention!" be forewarned...the child is probably intentionally on the sidewalk waiting for their ride. Sheesh.

No comments: