Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sophie "Picasso" Albee-Scott






We are so proud of our favorite child (you can say this when you have only 1 child) and her artistic efforts! Sophie has entered the AVA's Art-O-Rama 3 years in a row and it has been a rewarding experience every time. It is so cool to see children's art work hanging in a real gallery!

This year Sophie received Honorable Mention for her batik piece, "Desert Rain," which was done in her fabulous art class, taught by our dear friend, Brooke Lambert. Brooke was an art teacher for years and now volunteers her time to teach art at Adams Elementary and she holds a class once a week for Soph and a couple other students.

I still have the painting Sophie did when she was only a few months old, which consisted of me putting a paint brush in her little hand and a piece of paper in front of her. During the years she has used different mediums to express herself and we are fortunate to have our walls adorned with her work.

As Steve and I told Sophie, we are proud of her for receiving an award, but most of all, we are proud of her for entering the art show in the first place.

I love that the master of ceremonies quoted Picasso, "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist." Sophie - I hope you always believe in your abilities, that you continue to try new things and that you remain wondrous of this world.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

What an awesome post about an awesome girl. I love teaching Sophie. She is so determined and completely involved when she is creating art. She always has a little smile on her face as she works too. You should be proud of your girl, Heather. She is amazing.