Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 15 - Thank you Stephanie!

Today Sophie and I bought a board book to deliver to the local hospital. While we were checking out, we had the opportunity to buy another children's book to be donated to a local agency, so the giving was twice as nice!

We bought "On the Night You Were Born," a seemingly perfect book for a brand new baby. I debated whether or not to take it to the hospital or the Child and Family Support Center and after some deliberation, decided on the former. Soph and I had to hunt a bit to find the baby wing, but once we did, we saw happy families gathered in the waiting room. I thought I would drop the book off at a desk with some instructions, but there didn't seem to be any personnel. So I quickly spotted a family, explained what we were doing and handed it to the woman I thought was going to be delivering her baby soon (it seems she is due in 2 weeks, but was there for her sister!). We did hear the family exclaim something using the word, "Awesome" and I felt happy, though slightly embarrassed about our giving.

I thought maybe I could have added a note, especially to a first time mother, how exciting it is to bring this baby home, but also how scary and sometimes hard it can be. Maybe next time.

On the way out of the hospital, we ran into my friend, Amy! Amy is someone I knew from living in Logan before and she is a wonderful person. We keep saying we're going to get together for coffee and ya know, I think this time I'm going to see that we stick to it!

No comments: