Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy May Day...from Utah


This is what it looks like outside our window this morning and yes, it is May 1!
I went to a volunteer conference in Provo, Utah (land of BYU) and had a wonderful time. I learned a lot of great things, met some really neat people and made a few connections that will hopefully benefit our school.
The other women I went with were a lot of fun to hang out with and Tuesday night we walked around the town and had dinner at an Indian restaurant that was fabulous!
One thing I was impressed with from one of the workshops about conflict was how the speaker talked about conflict being good for a workplace. He stressed that you don't want to work for someone who doesn't allow for conflicting views to be voiced and that someone who tries to constantly maintain the peace isn't really benefitting the corporation. I was glad to hear that, because I feel like I cause conflict all the time at my workplace!
It's good to be home, I just wish it were a tad bit more like spring outside.

1 comment:

yankeetess said...

Wow! That is grim. I thought it was bad here in Boston waking up to 37 degrees outside but we did not have snow!!!!!! Hang in there!