Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Well Said

I went to the graduation of South Campus today, the school where Steve teaches. I loved the speech given by one of the students. He was very matter-of-fact when he said that his biggest motivation was all the people who told him he would never amount to anything, couldn't accomplish anything, etc. and what he would say to them now is, "In your face." I love that, because it's honest. This is how people feel and to disguise it beneath flowery language doesn't give it the weight it deserves. This student thanked those who played a big role in encouraging him: Nev, a teacher at SC, and his parents, but he acknowledged what was real in his life, a bunch of naysayers who put him down, for whatever reason, and now he can say, "In your face."

No comments: