Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Friday, May 30, 2008

School's Out For Summer!

It was so great to see the kids cheering and throwing backpacks in the air when they were dismissed at noon today. I love working at an elementary school and sharing the enthusiasm of the students.

The kids also got to meet their new teachers today and we are very pleased with Sophie's 3rd grade teacher, she is super nice, calm and very organized...things lacking in Sophie's home environment! I got to take a group of 1st graders down to meet their new teacher and it was a lot of fun.

I feel a bit down with the end of the school year, which I guess is normal, although I'll still be working during the summer. I think it's the end of my routine that bums me out. I don't handle change well.

We are looking forward to some fun things this summer: going to Bear Lake, playing at the park in the cool evenings and visiting my family back east. I love early mornings and evenings during the summer in Utah!

1 comment:

Charlie H said...

Heather - give us a call, and we can get the kids together! - Charlie & Jeannine (and Hanna and Ben)