Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Summer

It has been hot this weekend and yesterday the slip-n-slide came out. Sophie and the neighbor kids had a blast slipping and sliding and eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches while sitting in a pool of water. We probably reached our quota of water for the year and although I applied sunscreen to Sophie twice, she still got a sunburn. Ugh.

When it gets this hot I think back to when Sophie was a baby and we didn't have air conditioning in Michigan, so in the afternoon I would fill the tub with cool water, plop Sophie in it and sit in the bathroom and read...for hours. We don't have air conditioning here either, so we'll be getting creative again. At least if you sit in the shade it's pretty cool, no humidity in Utah.

The Heritage Festival went well, I think. I was so stressed that I could barely pay attention to what was going on, but the feedback has been positive. My goal is to only tackle big events with a strong committee. I tend to like to take over anyway though, so I need to learn to let others do their thing without feeling threatened.

Soph and I've been playing Pokemon today and I must say, I'm now enjoying it, because I'm winning.

No comments: