Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Totally Frivolous Post

I used a cotton swab this morning, not a Q-Tip, but a generic cotton swab and I was assured again that sometimes it is worth the extra $1 - $2 to get the name brand...ouch. This doesn't mean in every case the name brand is better. I actually prefer the store brand of instant oatmeal to the name brand and the store brand of 2-bite brownies, they are decadent. Maybe it's with products of the personal hygiene nature that one should not skimp: toilet paper, band-aids, soap; although, I buy face cleanser that is generic and find it equally smelly and eye-stinging as the name brand!

I do not really come from discriminating tastes...my father would take us to the local diner over any 5-star restaurant anyday, not that there were any 5-star restaurants in Oconto Falls, Wisconsin, but if there were, we'd still dine at the Machikanee Cafe. My mother also drove a very loud and vibrating red station wagon that still had hay in it from the previous owners and told us to pour soda in the engine when it stopped working...generic soda, of course. Perhaps if we'd used Diet Coke that car would still be running!

No comments: