Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Quest for T-shirts

Steve and I have a pretty good collection of college t-shirts, so I decided to start wearing a different one every Friday at our elementary school, which is a Title I institution. I sent out some emails over the weekend to various university presidents and I got my first response today. Dr. Cheryl Norton, at Southern Connecticut State University, emailed that she would be "pleased and proud" to do this. Yea! The other cool thing is that their mascot is the same as our mascot, the owl.

Also, Dr. Keith Pecor from The College of New Jersey has agreed to send a t-shirt, but we sort of have an in with him...he's Steve's former office mate and best friend from the University of Michigan. Thanks Keith! Keith has also increased our collection with t-shirts from Princeton, Rhodes College and University of Memphis.

My goal is to increase our students' awareness of the options they have in higher education and to make college part of their vocabulary. I am so happy that my first response was so positive. It's great that universities want to help our students out.

Also, Loteria Night was Friday Night and with over 220 people there I think it was quite a success. I had a lot of fun, when I wasn't stressed about how many prizes we had left.

No comments: