Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Play-Doh, Pen Twirling and Loteria


I have been making Loteria cards for over a week now for our Loteria Night at Adams. Loteria is like Bingo, but uses images instead of numbers and it is in Spanish. I found a kid-friendly Loteria game online, so printed off the 64 images and have been cutting them and gluing them to cardstock. I'm sure there's a faster way to do this task, but all the time I spend on it counts toward my Americorps hours and since I came late to the Americorps game, I'm in desperate need of filling my hours.
I wasn't feeling well today, so instead of making Sophie and her friend playdough, I purchased Play-Doh and Soph and her friend seemed to have a great time. Thanks Aunt Teresa, for all the cool cookie cutters...we've had them since Soph was 3! I did have to sniff the Play-Doh...ahhh, totally therapeutic. I also think making playdough is therapeutic, because it goes from being a gloppy mess to instant solidification and it is really cool.
Pen Twirling is what I heard about on NPR on my way home from a meeting. It is now considered a sport and there is a world competition, which I would love to see. The competitor featured on the show was talking about the tricks they do and the lingo sounded like that of the snowboarder culture, which my husband was a part of years ago. Pen twirling, playdough playing...maybe Sophie could get a scholarship in the latter someday!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Are you feeling better?! You looked great when I saw you this a.m. Don't worry... I know I looked great too! :)

Seriously, pen twirling, huh? I had no idea!

The Loteria cards look awesome!