Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Friday, March 21, 2008

Friday




Today I got my first 2 t-shirts in the mail: University of Maine and Southern Connecticut State University. I am so excited to wear both of them, but I think the one from SCSU will grab more of the students' attention, because we're the owls too.
I just think it is really cool for universities and colleges to take the time to send me a t-shirt and to support our students. Today I wore the Princeton shirt our friend, Keith, gave us, which is getting quite worn...time for a new one.
Soph and her friend had a snack stand today and sold really old candy and fruit snacks to people (very reasonably priced though) and my favorite was when the couple visiting from Georgia pulled up. I loved their southern accents, though I have a tendency to start imitating people and then I think they think I'm making fun of them...and I'm not! I want to have an accent so bad!
I went out to dinner with friends from work and it is such a hoot (continuing the owl theme here) to share stories about our work. They are really great women and we can have differences of opinions on things and still get along, such a nice concept!
I keep forgetting that Sunday is Easter. Religiously, it doesn't mean a lot to us, but I'd like to celebrate the newness of spring and maybe come up with our own ritual. We hide the eggs and candy and now make cascarones (really big in San Antonio), but we're simply duplicating what our parents did., minus the cascarones. I think we need to find meaning in the holidays and celebrate in a way that corresponds with our beliefs...I just feel so lazy!

No comments: