Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Best of INXS

On Sunday, yes, Easter, I just couldn't pass up a deal for a Best of INXS cd for only $7.99. We put it on in the car and I felt like a teenager again, hanging out with my best friend at the time, Crissy Ciliberti. Sometimes Crissy and I would drive around and listen to INXS or we'd hang out in her bedroom for hours, as I think only teenage girls can do. Crissy had a poster of INXS on her wall and her mom pronounced the band's name "Inks," which made us roll our eyes and snicker...such ignorance, ha. Those were the days when I would spend all my hard-earned money from my afterschool job going to concerts in Philadelphia: Duran Duran, Faith No More, Depeche Mode, The Cure...taking the train into Philadelphia was an adventure in itself.

Now I have my own eye-rolling child and yet it amazes me how a smell, a picture or a song can transport me back in time and I feel like that 16-year old again. I would never want to relive that time period, but it's nice to know I can retain some of that excitement for adventure and that feeling that anything can happen.

Sophie's pick from The Best of INXS? "Original Sin," which she sings along to, piping in when she knows the scattered lyrics. It's nice to have a break from her favorite Phish song, which is the most hardcore song they have, and it cracks me up, because Sophie seems like such a quiet, introspective child....sometimes.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Wow. You and I listened to the same music! Were you sad when Michael Hutchence died? It was after high school, but sad all the same.

My first concert: Oingo Boingo.