Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

21

Utah State University is what brought me out to Logan, UT in 1991 and I started as an education student, but ended up with a degree in philosophy. I enjoyed the variety of classes I took at USU as well as the experience of being a student at a somewhat non-traditional university. It was odd to me that so many students were married at USU, until I learned about the LDS culture - and later I became grateful for the experience of attending a college with so many non-traditional students. I think it helped Steve and I realize the importance of education at all and any stage of life!

The campus of USU is absolutely stunning! The mountains are nearby, there are a lot of open spaces and the older buildings have a lot of character. I love walking around the campus and today I headed up to the amphitheater to get some exercise walking up and down the stairs.

I love living near a university and being a part of a culture that draws many international students, programs in the arts and events for families. I will miss being able to just walk up the hill to a university.

Soph has talked about going to USU some day and maybe that vision will be blurred once we are away from Logan, but if not, I will be all too happy to visit her in Logan!

No comments: