Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Friday, July 30, 2010

18

The parks in Logan, those in the city, are wonderful! (We of course have the mountains, but that's another post...)

Today I took Sophie and her friend to the Willow Park Zoo and for $2 we were able to walk around, see the animals and feed the ducks. We then headed to two different play areas and I thought about how amazing parks are compared to when I was a kid. In those days we had to play at the school playgrounds, with all the equipment over cement. It was absolutely fun, but the equipment nowadays is so much nicer and the surfaces so much softer!

We have a great variety of parks in Logan and we enjoy visiting those in our own neighborhood, but we also like to go to those outside of our neck of the woods. Sometimes we'll head out to North Logan or the play structure in River Heights for a change of pace.

One of my favorite play structures is at The Whittier Center, Logan's community center. The play structure was built by volunteers and Steve and I even got to be a part of the building process. It's a great place for kids to play and adults to sit back and read, chat or just enjoy watching. It's amazing to see what a community can put together with their own hands! It was done after Ryan's Place, in River Heights, which uses the same format of volunteers - Ryan's Place was dedicated to a young boy who lost his life. That park is great and again, realizing what a community can do is astounding.

I'm excited to find great parks in Jackson - we had plenty of them in Ann Arbor, but I get the feeling that Jackson is quite different from Ann Arbor, which makes me very, very excited!

No comments: