Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Week 8

I started week 8 of the running program I've been following: http://running.about.com/od/getstartedwithrunning/ht/getstarted.htm

Last week was tough, 11 minutes of running with 1 minute intervals of walking, 3 times. I actually did it yesterday in high winds, sometimes felt like I was standing in place, but I did it. Today's run, 22 minutes non-stop, was wonderful!! It was raining, not hard, and that did not deter me. I ran along Canyon Road to Center Street (even up that little hill from the island to town), past the Presbyterian Church and back toward Main Street. I stopped at 22 minutes so I can ease into 30 minutes, hopefully, by the end of the week.

I'm feeling really good about making it through this program, as I am not one to stick with things. I'm feeling really, really good about finding something that pushes me and gives me something to focus on, away from all the hassles of moving and pressures of life in general. I don't listen to music when I run, just focus on my breathing and how I'm feeling, something I'm learning about in a great book, ChiRunning, by Danny Dreyer: http://www.amazon.com/ChiRunning-Revolutionary-Approach-Effortless-Injury-Free/dp/1416549447/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276440366&sr=8-1

No comments: