Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Friday, June 4, 2010

School's Almost Out for Summer

Today is Sophie's last day of 4th grade and her last day at Adams Elementary. We are very, very sad. Sophie has been at Adams since starting 1st grade and I feel like Adams is the elementary school of my youth - it literally is the elementary school of Steve's youth, as he attended Adams for a few years way back when.

Adams has the socioeconomic diversity we love, programs for students of all abilities, activities after school, a dynamic and caring staff and the principal is willing to listen to parents' suggestions and I believe he is there to really make sure each student and their family succeeds.

I have been fortunate to work at Adams during Sophie's time there and I highly recommend working at your child's school. I loved seeing her throughout the day, knowing what was going on and working with other children, which put my ideas for what to expect from Sophie in perspective.

I'm not planning on going into the school today, I am not at all good with good-byes and right now I'm tearing up and since this is about Sophie today, I just want to be her mom and to comfort her as needed. Whatever school we choose in Michigan will have high standards to live up to, and I don't doubt it will, but Sophie will always be an Adams Owl!

1 comment:

Tannie Datwyler said...

So the workout bands I have are actually my husbands which he bought like 10 years ago. :) But hey, they still work. However, the kind I like the best are the ones that are just one long band with handles at each end (it isn't connected like the one my husband has if that makes sense) and I know you can buy them at wal-mart. I'm actually going to cave and go buy one because I like them better than the ones we have now.