Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Monday, June 7, 2010

Running Away From My Problems

I am at the stage of our big transition in which I am second guessing our choice to move to Michigan. What was I thinking? We're leaving the mountains, Sophie's great school, Steve's fabulous work schedule, our wonderful neighborhood...for the relatively unknown. We know Michigan, some of it, but we don't know if we'll be happy!

I'm glad I started exercising and eating better before the idea of moving was even conceived. I am now on week 7 of the 8 week running program I started and it's getting intense, which is what I need. When I'm running I'm just thinking about how I'm moving, keeping correct form and wondering if I can tackle the slight incline ahead. I'm not at that stage in which I think through problems, daydream of meditate. I hope to get there, but this phase is good for right now.

Running is something I can do anywhere and that gives me a lot of comfort right now. I can't wait to explore the terrain in Michigan with my two feet and the extra oxygen is going to be a bonus!

My mind is going about a million miles a minute these days, sometimes I'm extremely excited, sometimes I feel really horrible. Change is not easy, but necessary and whether or not one faces a situation, it's going to arrive. I'm just glad that I have something consistent right now, something that is good for me and something that challenges me. It's exciting to know I can keep on running and will never reach my destination, but I can enjoy the pit stops along the way.

No comments: