Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Friday, January 1, 2010

Jada


Jada often gets left out of the equation, whether it's talking about the animals or being left home when we go on vacation. We just got back from a 5 day stay in Colorado and Jada was desperate for attention when we returned.

I never considered myself a cat person and still do not completely understand cats, but Jada has been through a lot with us and has earned her keep. She was uprooted from Texas and then had her home invaded by one dog, which turned around and had 8 puppies! I swear Jada was wondering what was going to come next.

We keep the dogs away from Jada for the most part, but occasionally Lucy and she will end up in the same room and it's fine. There is definite curiosity from Lucy, but we can't tell if it's that she wants to play with the kitty or eat her. There have been a few times in which Jada has hissed and brought out the claws, letting Lucy know who was here first.

Sophie took this photo of Jada looking out the playroom window. The dogs were outside at the time and Percy and Winston came up to the window, sniffing. I love that Soph took this photo, because Jada is often looking out windows and someday I hope to find out if she's sad that she didn't get to explore the big, old world.

I hope to find out all kinds of things about what our animals have thought and can only believe in a god that brings humans and animals together. For now I will just take comfort in the fact that I get to share my home with 4 crazy and always entertaining creatures who walk on 4 legs.

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms." George Eliot

No comments: