Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

T-shirts, Books and a Movie

My sister, Teresa, has more t-shirts coming my way, from Northeastern University and Boston Conservatory...cool! My sister is definitely an advocate for higher education and she has a lot of resources that I don't. I wore my Brandeis University shirt last Friday and everyone I ran into needed help with the pronunciation. It's Bran-dice.

I read "Swallow the Ocean," by Laura Flynn and it was really good. It's a memoir of her experiences growing up in the 70s with a mother who has schizophrenia. Flynn's mom was a loving, attentive mother until her disease took over and their lives became chaotic and even violent.

I'm now reading Sudhir Venkatesh's "Gang Leader for a Day" and it's very compelling. Excerpts from his study were in "Freakonomics," which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I'm hoping to see Juno over the break, it's playing at the "cheap theater" in town (movies for $3!). I've heard great things about it and would like to see it before it's put on DVD. I watched "Patch Adams" last night, got it at the library, and liked it, but kept wondering how Robin Williams can have so much energy! I have a cold right now that is knocking me off my socks and the only energy I can muster is in bursts of 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there. I feel a 10 minutes burst coming on, so I'll attempt to do the dishes!

No comments: