Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Monday, April 14, 2008

Sunny Days

We got back in Logan just in time to enjoy beautiful weather. I actually got a sunburn from being outside yesterday, which makes it look like I went somewhere exotic for our spring break, ha!

Sophie, her friend and I went for a bike ride to campus yesterday where the girls played in a shady spot and I sat out in the sun, not smart on my part. My friend, Natalie, was out walking so headed over to where we were and it was absolutely wonderful hanging out with her. She's very down-to-earth and has a refreshing perspective on things. We differ in a lot of ways, which makes our friendship even cooler, I think. Natalie's the best!

Today we had soccer and afterward, Soph, her friends and I headed to the playground adjacent to the school. A couple of students were there and we got into a long Pokemon discussion. One boy said he wants to go to Colorado, where I learned to play. I think he imagines it as a type of Disney World, but with all Pokemon stuff. He kept asking, "What state was that where you got to play Pokemon?" Funny how kids perceive things.

Oh, on our bike ride to campus I overheard Sophie say to her friend, "I love the time we get to spend together," and I am in awe. I don't think I ever felt comfortable enough to express myself that way to a friend until, well, recently! Sad, but true and how cool to witness my own daughter's open display of affection.

No comments: