Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Monday, April 5, 2010

Need a New Title :(

Though nothing official has yet been signed, it appears we will no longer be living in Utah in about 4 months. My emotions and brain are so rapidly moving, I really don't know what to write, but will try to put into words some of the feelings I'm having.

Fear: after finally thinking this is the place we're going to be for awhile and setting up our lives as such, I'm afraid of picking up once again. I'm afraid of selling our house, finding a new house, picking a school for Sophie, locating new doctors and dentists, and all the other things one has to do when moving across the country.

Sadness: although I was very resistant to moving to Logan 4 years ago, it quickly grew on me in a way I did not experience during my first stint in this town. I have been able to open up about the things that drive me crazy about this state and that in turn has helped me meet some amazing people. I am so sad to have to say good-bye to people who have truly made my life richer.

Excitement: whenever faced with a new journey I cannot help but feel excited at the prospects that lie ahead. Although we will be returning to a place we once lived (Michigan) it will be viewed so differently, I am sure...just as Logan came to mean something else to me than it did 10 years ago. I can't wait to discover new places, meet new people and visit familiar places and embrace old friends.

Hope: I am hopeful for many things, but most of all that this move will be one of great success for our family. Steve has worked so incredibly hard and has enjoyed teaching high school, but so much of what he gained from graduate school wasn't being utilized...not that he didn't try! I've been fortunate in Logan to learn some valuable skills in working with community non-profits and I hope to take those skills to help at least 1 person in Michigan! Soph has had a great experience at her school in Logan and we now value very different things about education than we previously did. We are also leaving with a larger family and hope for a home with some land for our canine children to roam!

So many emotions, thoughts, ideas running through my head and the desire to appreciate all the moments leading up to our move and to be open to the changes as they occur.

To end, I'll borrow a quote, which has been credited to Heraclitus: "Nothing endures but change."

No comments: