Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Saturday, September 27, 2008

This probably wouldn't happen in any other state

Soph's friend just asked her if she knows who Joseph Smith is and Soph said, "Who?" Her friend then started singing about Joseph Smith, Brigham Young...la la la. She said, "They're prophets." My child (and this is one of the reasons I love her) then asked, "Do you know who MoMo is?"

Since we're on this topic... I attended a debate against an atheist and a theist the other day at USU and I was telling Sophie how it is her friend's dad who is the athiest. Soph asked, "Why doesn't he believe there is a god?" I told her I didn't know and she should ask him. She guffawed, "Mom, I can't ask him about religion!" Hey Soph, don't you know we're in Utah! If you can't talk about religion, well, then you can't talk about the big ole elephant in the room.

No comments: