Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Sunday, September 21, 2008

So Utah


This is the view from a trail above our house, which Sophie, her friend and I walked along today. On the way back to our modest, 1800 square foot house, we passed our neighbor's 14,000 square foot home and a truck was just pulling out of the driveway, after only pulling in the driveway a moment before. The driver then pulled over and spent a minute gazing at the home. When we walked by, I could see into the truck and there was a man driving and 2 women, both dressed very similarly to the women from the polygamist compound in Texas. The women's hairstyles were identical to the women from Texas and so I concluded that these were indeed, polygamists. I then wondered if they were scoping out the 14,000 square foot residence, hoping to set it up as a future compound or if they were wondering if it already is a compound.

I've been to the residence and can say with certainty that it is not a compound, of any sort. A family of 4 lives there, one mom, one dad, but perhaps if they decide to move someday, we'll end up with some very interesting neighbors!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yikes!

Brooke said...

Oh man, the Laubs would love that!