Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nine years ago

Nine years ago Steve and I were married at the First Presbyterian Church right here in Logan, Utah. One of my memories of that day is reaching him after walking down the aisle and seeing him sweat and thinking he must be really nervous, which I thought was kind of sweet. The truth is, we were getting married in a church without air-conditioning and Steve was wearing a wool kilt, so the sweating was a result of being hot, not nervous.

We've been through a lot in nine years, including living in 3 different states, having our daughter, job changes, graduate school, being broke and now, finally, feeling like we've settled down.

Steve is my best friend and I know I'll never have him fully figured out, which I love. He is truly a separate person from me, but he's chosen to share his life with me, and that makes me just a little bit giddy.

2 comments:

twinpak70 said...

Your Dad and I have many happy memories of nine yeas ago and the years in between. We're proud of you. I'd bet that some of that sweat was nerves!!!

tkayo said...

Congrats on the 9 years! We are right behind you... :)