Abe Said it Best

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion."

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Back Home Again

We had a lot of fun in Pennsylvania and of course all the things we planned to do just didn't get done! No Liberty Bell, no trip to NYC..just a lot of hanging out with family, which was definitely worth altering our plans. We did get to Longwood Gardens, Winterthur, the Herr's Factory and a trip to the Kennett Fire Station, so I feel Sophie got some cultural exposure (yes, Herr's is culture).

Sophie has 5 cousins in PA, Abby (12), Andrew (11), Ashleigh (8), Brandon (7) and Ryan (4). Playing with them was at the top of Sophie's list of priorities and a few sleepovers insured a needed vacation after our vacation, but I wouldn't have had it any other way.

I did get a chance to see an old friend, from way back in middle school, and it was great catching up. She leads a completely different life than I do, so it was fun to hear her adventures. She lives in Philadelphia, goes clubbing until well after midnight, while I'm out here in smalltown Logan, trying to keep my eyes open past 10:00 p.m.

We also visited Keith and Stephanie in New Jersey, saw the college where Keith is an assistant professor and we stopped at Whole Foods, so I could get my fix. They bought a really cool house and are in the process of fixing it up, built the same year as our house, 1953!

I am also pleased to report that every time I told someone we live in Utah they responded with, "Oh, it's beautiful out there!" instead of, "Why?" Utah is beautiful and it's got its quirks, but so does every place. It will be a bummer not to hear people say, "I'm running to the Wawa for a hoagie," but in exchange we get to hear, "Oh my heck!" and "What ward are you in?" and we know we're back home!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Welcome home! Sounds like a fabulous trip. Can you believe summer is almost over??? How does it happen? I'm looking forward to seeing you more though. Who is the new PTA pres?